Monday, September 2, 2013

Brunch On The Square and a Favorite Skirt

I am particularly fond of this skirt. It is a handmade by me job and the comfort and wear ability is fabulous! The blouse is a vintage 50's, the belt a vintage leather Aigner, and the shoes I've had forever. They are comfy and go with many of my vintage dresses.

Knoxville has a great downtown scene and I especially love to go to historic Market Square. There are great places to eat and nice little shops to visit. Sunday morning David and I went to Tupelo Honey for brunch. They set up shop in one of the historic buildings and I love how they have incorporated the old with the new. Above the cafe is the old Oliver Hotel that has also been restored.
The square attracts many people and there is always something fun going on in the warmer months. We enjoyed the cool (for the beginning of September) weather while we were seated on the outdoor dining patio. The first order of business were Tupelo Honey's a-mazing biscuits. These things are monsters and I like mine with their signature honey...perfect!
As if that wasn't enough, I ordered a version of an egg's benedict with a side of goat cheese grits. A southern girl must have grits!
What a great start to Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your Etsy shop and sent you a facebook message. I'm in Knoxville, Tn. Been looking for a vintage clothing shop forever and I'm so excited to have found you!! Do you have a store? And what part of Knox are you located in? I'd love to meet up instead of getting things shipped. :) You can find me at my blog, www.modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com or facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete